Sewing DIY cotton bag and pattern
I made the similar bag in a bit bigger size about 4 years ago, and it's been used a lot when I went to Korea for 6 weeks. It is light, and because batting's done it's not too thin which makes so easy to be in shape even though only a couple things to put in. This time I made a bit smaller version.
How to make:
1. Measurement below for outer fabric, inner fabric, and batting material. Change measurements as you needed.
3. Sewing through except the opening gap which in size your fist can be in and out through.
4. Cut seam allowance of batting material close to stitches.
5. Give snips on curves and turn insides out.
6. Close the opening gap with blind stitch.
7. Sew all the way of curvy top parts about 1cm down from the edge.
8. Fold in half and hemming stitch between outer fabrics, and then hemming stitch between inner fabrics after insides out.
9. Mark about 9 cm on both bottom corners, and sew.
10. Fold in half from right and in half from left of top parts where bag strap will be fixed, and blind stitch.
11. A bag strap measurement: Webbing strap 49cm x 3cm, and the same fabric as used outer fabric for bag 52cm x 4.2cm (seam allowance included).
12. Fold seams of strap fabric in size match to webbing strap and lay it on top of webbing strap, and sew.
13. Sew bag strap to above #10.
Below video will make it easy for you to understand how to make.
For tutorial, please click below video, hope you enjoy.
Weekly videos upload, please subscribe my Youtube channel: Mikinoos DIY